Independent Samples T-Test:
- Analyze if two samples are significantly different.
- For example: check if PH or TDS levels of two different rivers are significantly different.
Pair Samples T-Test:
- Analyze the effect of a particular treatment/event (pre-post analysis of a measure on two different time periods).
- For example: Check if TSH levels of patients before and after a thyroid treatment differ significantly and hence infer whether the treatment has been effective or not.
- Analyze if two dimensions are independent or related.
- For example: check if gender and product category are related, i.e. if gender has an influence on the purchased product category and devise the marketing strategy accordingly.